Jillian is a participant in several affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to her affiliates. This means that purchases made through these links may earn her a commission. See her privacy and disclosure policies page for more information. Read on for ideas on how to decorate your trifle bowl.
6 Ways to Decorate Your Trifle Bowl for Christmas
If you are anything like me, you have a Trifle Bowl collecting dust possibly never even used for those fancy desserts you have been pinning for years. Not sure what a Trifle Bowl is? Here is one from Target:
BTW – Target is still featuring free shipping and returns on all orders through 12/23!
Since we are not big dessert eaters anyway, I have come up with some other ways to display that huge piece of glassware taking up precious cupboard space. Here are some possibilities to consider for the Christmas season! Most of these ideas took no time at all, and used up both new purchases and leftover decor I had hanging around. Each one costs me less than $10! Most of the items were found at Michaels. If you have not yet, you might want to consider joining Michaels Rewards: A free perks program for all our makers. Join today to get exclusive perks!
My Trifle Bowl in 6 different Christmas Themes:
- Fill with leftover glass ball ornaments, and use as a holder for candy canes. Fun favor idea to have by the door as people leave your Christmas party!
2. A really simple idea that uses only two accessories. I chose silver glass balls against multicolored string lights.
3. Use to show off your favorite Christmas bouquet. Add a mini tree skirt underneath for an elegant touch.
4. Use to display your favorite Christmas figurines.
5. A simple candle holder. All I used was a gold charger, ivy garland, some fake snow, and a flameless candle.
6. This one I totally came up with on my own! Attach gel window clings to the outside of your Trifle Bowl. Fill with water and light a few floating candles. Easy peasy, and easy to redecorate for every Holiday!
You can find the Basic Elements Floating Candles Value Pack by Ashland and Gel Clings at Michaels too!
My advice is to take a walk around your nearest Michaels, and see what you come up with! It hopefully will not be an empty wallet by the time you are done! Merry Christmas Shopping and DIYing!
Thanks for reading!